1) Founded in 1608, this former British possession has a decidedly French flair.
Qeubec City, Quebec, Canada.
2) Once the seat of great political power, this red fortress is now a major tourist attraction.
The Alhambra fortress, Granada, Spain.
3) Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this city was lost to the world for 1700 years.
4) Passing by a famous golf course and luxurious mansions, this stretch of road is a tourist attraction in its own right.
This one I still haven't figured out, but I think it could be one of the areas updated in California.
5) Legend has it that Hercules founded this major European city.
6) This city within a city plays host to an Opera House, Planetarium, Science Museum, Oceanographic Park, and beautiful gardens.
City of Arts and Science, Valencia, Spain.
7) When we updated imagery of this city, we got complete coverage of another country with it.
Rome, Italy, along with the Vatican.
8) This city hosted General MacArthur's South West Pacific Headquarters during WWII.
9) Some of my Googler co-workers can enjoy the views from this very tall building.
Taipei 101 tower, Taipei, Taiwan.
Edit July 15th 22:05 UTC: The official answers had been published today, fitting with the eight answers posted here.