Friday, June 6, 2008

Introduction

Welcome to my Google Earth blog.

As a Google Earth user since 2005, I have come across many interesting locations, spots and finds. Some of these were posted on the Google Earth Community forums, by me or by others. With the steady flow of new imagery on Google Earth, now also coming in the form of Street View, the forums are just not a tool sufficient enough to host all the little things I'd like to. Therefore, the time has come to open this blog, which will allow me a free, unmoderated place to post my finds at.

This blog will probably go around my points of interest, which are naval and aerial warfare, aviation, sports, emergency services and Great Britain.

As blogspot does not, at this time, have the infrastructure for posting kml/kmz files (GE format), some of the posts will direct to their equivalents in the GEC forums, or to Google Maps instead.

I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I do. Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions in the comment box.

Sincerely,

No comments: